Have you always wanted to own your own home, but struggled with the challenging task of saving up for a deposit? With the cost of living continually rising it’s easy to see why potential homeowners are finding it difficult to get on the property ladder.

 

This is where Rent to Buy might be able to help you.

What is Rent to Buy?

Rent to Buy is a government backed scheme which was developed to ease the transition from renting to owning a home by offering a reduced rent.

Through the scheme, prospective homeowners can rent a newly built home at 80% of market value for a minimum of five years, providing an opportunity to save the other 20% as a deposit towards a home in the future.

 

How do I qualify for Rent to Buy? 

Qualifying for Rent to Buy might be easier than you think. If you want to buy a home in the future but can’t afford to now because you don’t have a deposit or enough income to get a mortgage, then you may be eligible for Rent to Buy. You may qualify if you:

• Are in work and able to afford rent payments

• Want to buy a home in the future but are currently unable to

• Are a first-time buyer or former home owner

• Receive a satisfactory tenancy reference including an affordability assessment and credit check

 

What happens at the end of the five years?

During your tenancy your landlord will be in touch to find out how your deposit is progressing. At the end of your tenancy, you are free to use your deposit savings to buy any home of your choosing.

Your landlord will be able to discuss your options and provide advice should you wish to purchase your Rent to Buy home. However, they will not be able to offer mortgage advice.

If you are unable to purchase your home outright on the open market or through Shared Ownership, your landlord may provide alternative rental options so you may be able to stay in the home you live in.

 

Rent to Buy with One Vision Housing

In 2018 North West based Housing Association, One Vision Housing, rolled out its Rent to Buy programme and have since helped hundreds of people make steps to get on the property ladder.

One Vision Housing is now set to launch a new Rent to Buy development, Mountwood Gardens in Rock Ferry, featuring a stunning collection of 2-, 3- & 4-bedroom homes.

 

Located near the famous River Mersey with outstanding views towards the Liverpool skyline, these homes have been designed with modern living in mind and are perfect for people looking for their first home as well as growing families and those looking to downsize to a stylish and easy to maintain new home.

 

Developments by One Vision Housing

At One Vision Housing we are committed to creating thriving, inclusive communities and as we continue to build developments which offer a variety of house types for growing families, we are certain we can help you find your dream home today.

 

Visit our website ovh.org.uk where you will find a host of information on Rent to Buy. You can also take a look at the stunning homes we have available now. Our friendly Sales team are on hand and ready when you are to help you take your first step towards home ownership.